Thursday, November 27, 2008

Things I'm Thankful for this Holiday

Been a pretty rough year for the kid, but I've still got quite a lot to be thankful for. If you'll indulge me, I'm going to forgo the Throwback this week and just list some of 'em.:

I am thankful for Rock Band, as it is the only place I am allowed to sing Master Exploder out loud, in public and be praised rather than mocked.

I am thankful for my mama, and her sweet potato pie recipe...that in all likelihood is not hers, but she won't break her neck trying to correct me.

I am thankful for Questlove's recollection of dearly departed friends that just happen to be legendary beatmakers.

I am thankful that the aforementioned legendary beatmaker left behind so much classic material.

I am thankful for my friends and family. Particularly friends that send me things like this video to provide me with cheer/boundless rage (to the dearest Laurie, the two are apparently interchangeable).

I'm thankful mostly that despite everything that's gone on, I'm alive and well to celebrate another Thanksgiving. Hopefully yours was as enjoyable as mine, and if you didn't tell somebody how thankful you are for their presence in your lives, remember that you don't need a particular day to do so.

No comments: