Thursday, December 4, 2008

Throwback Thursday: The Bay Area Edition

Real life has a brother locked down somethin' terrible, but I've got a 'Favorite Voices/Flows' post coming to you real soon. In the meantime, I thought I'd treat you to some Bay Area dopeness. First up, '93 'Til Infinity, by Souls of Mischief. I attribute this video to me moving out here, as I was under the impression that all that was going on out here was does running around the great outdoors, making ill Hip Hop tunes.


Next up, Lyrics Born, Balcony Beach. This isn't the whole joint, but the video reinforces the "dope Hip Hop in nature" vibe that the SoM video kicked off. I was a huge stan for anything Quannum related, and to some degree I still am. Check out that new project from The Mighty Underdogs (featuring Lyrics Born's partner-in-rhyme from Latyrx, Lateef as well as The Gift of Gab from Blackalicious, and producer Headnodic).


Bonus: Latyrx - Balcony Beach | The Mighty Underdogs - The Anthem

No comments: